The following CREDIT COURSES will be available for senior audit in the fall of 2017:
- Literature & Civilization of the Jewish People, HEJS 1103
Dr. Nehama Aschkenasy, Tues/Thurs, 2:00-3:15 PM, R TBD
- A study of the foremost ideas, personalities, and literary works of the Judaic tradition from the Bible to Modern Israel. Readings in some of the leading Judaic texts with a focus on their historical context and major ideas.
- Religion & Politics, POLS
Dr. Beth Ginsberg, Mon/Wed, 1:25-2:15 PM, R TBD
Classes begin Monday, August 28th. Seats are limited. Senior audits should register through the Office of the Registrar, (203) 251-8555, beginning September 11th. For more information, see http://nondegree.uconn.edu/senior-citizen-audit/. For more information on our credit courses or Certificate program, please contact the Center at email@example.com or (203) 251-9525.
Fall 2017 LUNCH & LEARN SERIES:
- September 28 - The Politics of Jewish Emancipation, 1780-1918, Dr. David Sorkin, Professor of Modern Jewish History, Yale University
- October 26 - Rabbi A. I. Kook, Founder of the Chief Rabbinate: An Orthodox Revolutionary and His Lasting Impact,” Dr. Yehuda Mirsky, Associate Professor of Near Eastern and Judaic Studies, Brandeis University
- November 2 - From Moses to Joseph (Lieberman): The History of Jewish Participation in the Political Process, Dr. Beth Ginsberg, Professor of Political Science, UConn-Stamford
- November 9 - The Parting of the Ways: How Judaism and Christianity Went Their Separate Ways, Rev. Dr. Blaine Edele, Pastor, Union Memorial Church, Stamford.
All lectures are held in the multipurpose room at UConn-Stamford from Noon to 1:30 pm and registration for the 4-session series is $50 per person (including lunch, dietary laws observed).
Fall 2017 LOUIS J. KURIANSKY CONFERENCE:
Wednesday, October 18, 2017 ● 7:00 — 9:30 PM ● GenRe Auditorium, UConn-Stamford
The Legacy of Justice Louis D. Brandeis
and Why He Matters Today
Dr. Jeffrey Rosen, Professor of Law at George Washington University Law School & President and CEO of the National Constitution Center
Response: Dr. David Yalof, Professor of Political Science and Department Chair, University of Connecticut
Moderator of Panel Discussion and Q&A: Dr. Howard Erichson, Professor of Law, Fordham University School of Law
PLEASE NOTE: WE CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT CASH AT THE DOOR — CHECKS ONLY. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you.
Registration Information coming soon.